Yes, we are happy to work with qualified Travel Agents! Please read below for our policies and paperwork necessary to receive commissions.
Alaskan Tour Guides pays a 10% commission on tour sales only. Customized optional activities are not eligible for commission.
Commissions will be paid in USD, within two weeks of tour completion for agents who meet the following criteria:
- Commissions are eligible when the agent brings new customers to Alaskan Tour Guides. We do not pay commissions on travelers who have already been in contact or have received a quote. Commissions are not eligible when the customer brings the agent to ATG.
- The travel agent must be an agent of a licensed and bonded travel agency. All US based agencies must submit a completed W-9.
- The agency must be registered with IATA or CLIA and provide a valid organization ID.
- The travel agent must review with the customer and obtain customer signatures on the written tour sales agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of the reservation, including the price, payment terms, and cancellation policy.
- The customer must authorize the agent to make the reservation on their behalf.
- The travel agent must provide the customer with accurate and up-to-date information about the reservation, including the terms and conditions of the travel services, the cancellation policy, and any applicable fees.
- The travel agent must continue to provide the customer with any updates issued by the tour company.
- The travel agent must keep the customer’s information confidential.
- The travel agent must be responsible for any errors or omissions made in making the reservation.
- Customer responsibility: Travel agents are responsible for the comfort and ability of their customer to participate in this small group travel. Travelers must keep pace with the tour schedule. It is the travelers cost responsibility if the are required to depart the tour for any reason.
- Travel agents are responsible to disclose/recommend/sell travel insurance to their customers. Tour cancel policies are strictly adhered to regardless of circumstance.
If any of the terms and conditions are not met, the tour sale is not eligible for commission. Sales commission will not be transferred to another agency.
For Foreign Based Travel Agent and Agencies
The same terms and conditions as US based agents and agencies apply with the following exceptions:
- A W-9 will not be required
- Payment for Tours are subject to added fees for foreign bank credit cards. If using a foreign bank there is an additional 3.5% fee.
- If the travel agency collects the customer payment and sends a bank transfer to Alaskan Tour Guides, they may pay the NET amounts for deposits and balances.
Offer Your Clients the Best of Alaska with Our Group Tours
Open Seating Tours pay a 10% commission rate on the Tour sales only. Added Optional Activity and Lodging that is sold custom to the tour are non-commissionable.
ATG will pay a flat referral fee of $100 per passenger for Private Group Tours, if the tour is booked in the current year of contact. Commissions are paid after travel has been completed and adjusted for any cancellations unless the Agency is paying NET rates by check in accordance with our deposit and cancellation policies.
Go here to preview our: 2024 Tour Dates. Use the Details button to see day by day itineraries, and tour rates based on occupancy. Prices include taxes and fees. There is a Book Now tab at the top of the itinerary page. The agent must be the person to fill out this booking form in order to receive commission.
- Denali National Park Tour
- Kenai Fjords National Park Tour
- Whittier Talkeetna
- No Motor coaches! – we only provide small group tours that can’t be done traveling en masse.
- No Self Drive trips – we provide Guided Tour Packages only.
- Executive Small Coach travel – seats up to 13 per bus
- Alaskan Guided – priceless experiences
- Alaskan resident guides will escort our custom group tours. All tours include executive coach transportation and guide, lodging, meals, activities and attractions described in each itinerary.
- Tours do not include airfare, alcohol or guide gratuities. We are Not able to assist with air or cruise arrangements.
- We will update all dates with open seats available and post online.
More Travel Agent Information:
A completed W-9 form with proper signature must be submitted as soon as possible so, we able to issue payment. Commissions will be paid within two weeks of the conclusion of the tour for your clients.
Be sure we have the correct address for mailing a commission check. Any payment which needs to be reissued due to agents has a re-issuance fee of $50, which will be deducted from the replacement check.
These tours are ideal for the FIT looking for a unique and personal Alaska tour experience. Upscale travel in smaller groups, away from the crowds, up close to nature and with experienced Alaskans is going to make them happy and earn your agency an easy commission.
Make your family customers happy – A group of nine or more can travel exclusively and custom plan a trip that is just right for everyone. We will tailor tours to interests, desired pace, length of travel and within reason – budget. These customized private group tours require more extensive planning and interaction directly with the customer. Due to this factor, referral fees rather than commissions will be paid to qualified licensed agents who send customer who book a tour.
Alaskan Tour Guides is a covered Supplier of Allianz Global Travel Insurance